6 years ago,
this adventure called “Locksmith Photography” began. Lachlan started out doing photography for high school sporting events and slowly developed the skills and the eye for capturing moments in both athletics & cheerleading. His love for being able to capture a raw moment and share it with an audience drove him to begin to push into the world of photography more and more.
From what started as a hobby, the business expanded. He became the traveling photographer for “Art In Movement” across America in 2014, followed by countless opportunities at a state level in sports.
Locksmith photography continued to grow into a creative space of portrait & brand photography, producing wonderful images that challenge the norm. our music and events portfolio took off, with the name of “Locksmith Photography” now a house-hold name for all your event photography needs.
Lachlan began to expand into music & band photography after being inspired by fellow WA creative, Jarred Seng. Now Lachlan is a featured photographer on a variety of music blogs, publications, and is fortunate enough to have shot at every major Music Festival in WA.
Locksmith Photography has grown now to 4 Members that shoot over 50 events across the year, now expanding into becoming a School Ball & Event Photography Specialists.
Owner and head photographer Lachlan says: "the image i'm creating shouldn't be like anything else i've created before. I always want to create something outside my static world. I never want to fall into a 'normal' way of what i do, but instead constantly try new things, brainstorming new ideas and approaches to how things are done."
The team at Locksmith Photography believe we should try and live by this as well, turning away from a life where you can fall into everything becoming normal or comfortable. get out and try new things, be bold, be adventurous & courageous! only you can hold back your own potential!
Simply put; don't settle for normal!
The Locksmith Photography Crew
Experience & Clients:
// Music & Events
- 'Passenger' - Tour Photographer (Perth Show)
- Southbound Festival 2016 & 2017
- Falls Festival 2017
- Groovin The Moo 2017
- EMAS (UWA & Curtin) Festivals 2014 - 2017
- The Rubens For Corona
- Avenoir Magazine Resident Photographer - Including covering:
- James Vincent McMorrow
- The Lumineers
- Boo Seeka
- Asta - Shine Tour
- Lady Leshurr + Ngaiir
- Velvet with Marcia Hines (Fringe Show)
- The Illusionists
- Torey Lanez
- The Jungle Giants
- Riley Pearce
- OK Media Group - Event + Social Photographer Since November 2015, - Including residencies at: Jack Rabbit Slims, The Garden & Subiaco Hotel.
- Matt Gullaci - Indonesia Tour 2017
- Toyota Galleria EOY Event
- Directions Disability WA EOY Event
- YMCA (WA) EOY Event
- Beyond Blue 'Blue Ball'
- Zero2Hero - In Your Head Mental Health Summit
- Wanneroo Fire Brigade EOY Ball
- WATOTO Children's Choir - "Oh What Love"
- 100 + 21st's & 18th's & Engagement Parties
// Brands & Commercial Work
- ELSKA Shoes
- Maasai Activewear
- Vitae Apparel (Canadian)
- By Luka the Label
- Rocktape Australia
- SWM By Lioness
- The West (Published Photo)
- STM Perth (Published Photo)
- F45 Forrestfield
- The Leftbank
- Hillbillie Threads
- Youth Alive WA Media Director
- Missy Noir
- Frisch & Barc
- Clearwater Surf
- SAPH Swimwear
- Dreamcatch Bridal
- Gooseberry Intimates
- HALO The Label
- Jude Taylor Artist
- Citro Bar / Seasons of Perth Hotel
- Something Borrowed Perth
- City Toyota
- Red Frogs Western Australia
- Metrochurch WA
- Cheer Unlimited Australia Official Photographer 2013 - 2017
- WA Athletics Photographer - 2014/15 & 2015/16 Season
- 2016 Australian Junior Athletics Championships
- 2016 Perth Track Classic
- T & F Annual Photobook 2016
- The Hundreth Collective Associate Photographer
- Getty Image Internship 2017/18